Friday, September 01, 2006

In the clearing stands a boxer...

Paul Simon is from Brooklyn. But I haven't seen him yet. Welcome to my new blog about being a New New Yorker. A Virgin New Yorker. Eyes wide open.

In other words, scared shitless.

In my first three hours as a New New Yorker, I have been unsuccessful at the following:

* getting keys duplicated

* finding/buying a shower curtain

* eliminating the gas smell in my sublet

* speaking Polish to the ladies at the corner market

* getting my traumatized doggy to eat her dinner


Daily "Only in New York" moment: Opening the fridge in my sublet to find that the landlord had left two six packs of beer for me. Sweet.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mica's "only in fresno" moment of the day: I walked into a bar on Ashlan (ha!) and 99, having never been to this bar before, and knew about half of the people in there. Only in Fresno!

Anonymous said...

I miss you terribly and cannot wait to see your new digs out there!

Anonymous said...

A new chapter in your life is beginning. How exciting for you! Have fun, be safe, and many HUGS to you!

Anonymous said...

You've finally arrived! Seems to me that your journey has always been toward the big city and now you've finally arrived! Do miss you though!

Anonymous said...

WHAT gas smell?

Anonymous said...

oh by the way... peep mica's blog at http://www.silentumbrella.com . . . there are pictures, poems, lifeupdates and random gibberish...

Ash said...

The pilot light in the oven has been lit; offensive and dangerous gas odor is now gone.

I can cook Kraft without fear of violent death.

Anonymous said...

Until you learn some rudimentary Polish, you can always draw pictures to communicate your requests.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys arrived safely.. and the "welcome!" beer is bad-ass. Thanks for linking me!