Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dog Show!

Yesterday my friend from work and I attended the Westminster Dog Show at Madison Square Garden. It was quite an experience. The best part, by far, was being able to be "backstage" in the benching area where the dogs hang out and get primped for their big show moment. We watched some of the best of breed judging, but that part actually takes a really loooong time. And to my eye, when you put 50 Vizla's in a ring they all look alike. Cute, every darn one.

The other awesome thing is that Pedigree (dog food company) sponsered the show. What's so great about this fact is that Pedigree is in the middle of one of the biggest campaigns ever that promotes shelter dog adoption. So here you have these hundreds and hundreds of pure-bread dogs showing off their stuff, but the main sponser of the event is saying "don't forget that shelter dogs makes great pets, too!" I was really impressed by them. As you all know, Jack is a sehlter dog that we rescued. She was one day from being put down, and we saved her furry little life! Pedigree was handing out swag bags as well, and me and Mal got knitted ski hats that say "Dogs Rule" and treats for Jack and a frisbee, too. Good times.

I have put together a slideshow of some of the best pictures that I took backstage. It was too dark in the arena to take shots, but these will make you smile.

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?instanceid=55516618 (here's the link to copy and paste if the promt doesn't send you to the slideshow.)

Ps: 3 inches of icy snow on the ground this morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to ask the dreadlocks dog owner how much upkeep is required for that dog?

Ash said...

I asked if they were heavy for the dog, and he looked at me and said "I don't know." (The guy, not the dog.) But he did tell me that when the dogs get old, they trip the dreadlocks shorter.