Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Good thing I have the day off...

We awoke this morning (I'd say around 4:00 or 5:00 am) to torrential, slamming rains; wild non-stop lightning, and the loudest thunder I have ever heard. Ever. (And let me remind you that Chicago offers up some pretty impressive thunderstorms.) Some crazy, unpredicted storm had cruised into the Tri-state and decided to wreck us.

After we (okay, after Rick) sopped upped the puddles of rain that had streamed in our open windows, we finally got back to sleep as the storm wore off. When we woke back up around 9:00, we found out that every single subway line in the city was completely screwed. The G train (our neighborhood train) was down. The F train, which I use to go to work, was down. And as of 2:00, they are still down. Along with the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, E, Q, R, M, etc etc etc...

The MTA issued notices for people to just stay home. To not even try to go to work. Great. The greatest city in the world, and we are crippled by 3 inches of rain. Okay, so three inches of rain that fell with in 45 minutes.

As much as I sound like I am bitching, I actually kind of like the excitement, because it's my day off.

No comments: