Monday, September 10, 2007

Fall(ish)

The trees in the park are just starting to turn. But it's been dry as a bone here, so maybe they are just dying. No, I think they're turning. Last year, upon arriving in Brooklyn, I tried to photograph the same part of the park each day in hope of capturing some time-lapse tree-turning escapade. I gave up about three pictures in. I will try again this year. But it is my renewed mission to continue into the winter and through the spring, so perhaps -if all goes right and well- we will have a photographic tree extravaganza of McGolrick Park. Does that sound so exciting?

We go to San Francisco this week for my cousin's wedding. This is the first wedding in our family in gawd-knows-how-long. My wedding was non-existent; we eloped. I am not big on overt displays of sentimentality nor am I big on dropping tens of thousands of dollars on a party, so eloping was the way to go for us. Plus, when you work in the wedding industry like I do, you get a warped perspective of it all. All that being said, I am not above celebrating other people's happiness and cannot wait to see my family. I plan on having a fantistic time, and will accept nothing less. Plus the wedding is at a lovely winery with delicious scenery, so you can't go wrong. We fly on Virgin America, which is a new airline. Swanky.

Our landlord gave us some New York Jets season opener tickets for yesterdays game. I (thankfully) had to work so Rick took a friend and off they drove to Jersey to watch some football. Not my favorite past time, but the had a good time and got plenty sunburned.

In other news, I have re-enable comments on my blog. So feel free to comment. But don't get too bitchy; my mom reads this blog and she'll ground you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better believe I'll ground you - I occasionally have to ground one of my young co-workers when she gets out of line. Being a mom is a real power trip sometimes.