Monday, September 03, 2007

Rag weed and bitters.

On Sunday we went on an outing to the Poconos to have a BBQ with some of Husband's collegues. They live in a charming little mountainy villiage next to a lake so we brought Jacky with us to explore the wildlife. She was on her very best behaviour and enjoyed being petted by all the guests, as well as getting scraps of ham and pasta. The good behaviour ended when a deer charged through the backyard stream and up into the mountain side - I had to physically restrain our dog as her "nature, tooth and claw" instict kicked in. She really wanted that deer. Anyway, it was an absolutely gorgeous day and we had a good time.

In other news I am suffering from the Worst Allergies Ever. They got suspicious st Target when I asked to buy 3 boxes of Pseudoephedrine Generic Brand ClaritainD, but jesushchristonabike, people - I am miserable here. I only was allowed one box (lest I cook crank with the tablets) and honestly, even with the drugs coursing through my rushing blood, I am still sneezing like a freak. I am not sure how I will sleep tonight, but I think whiskey will have to be involved. I have managed to get by by constantly sucking on Fisherman's Friend cough drops (very mentholy, helps dry out the nasal passages) and relaxing into a zen state that lets me forget about clawing my nose off with sandpaper.

We hit Ikea today to get a desk for Husband's new office at school and had to push through the hordes of Back to School dorm shoppers. Once on campus, I proceeded to build his desk in record time. I am an Ikea Furniture Building Master of the Tenth Degree.

Cheers, peeps. Hang in for Fall... I smelled October in the air when we were driving through Pennsylvania, and the tips of the trees are starting to turn.

No comments: