Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Things for which to be glad...

1. It is Autumn. This is grand, grand news. Crunchy leaves and crispy air that smells good. (Most of the time. This is Greenpoint, after all. You have to expect some nastiness in the air now and again.)

2. Delicious pizza slices on the walk home from work. And for only $1.75. A steal, especially since I know that next door to the pizza place you can also get a decent cup of coffee for fifty cents. Sometimes it pays to live in the out-there neighborhoods.

3. Travels to California - the northern part. Rick and I spent the weekend at my cousins wedding in Livermore which was lovely. Warm evenings and sea breezes and a beautiful party in a picturesque location. Not to mention spending time with my fabulous family.

4. Public television. Thanks to them for broadcasting Lincoln Center's opening night live and allowing me to watch YoYo Ma play my favorite cello works from Dvorak's cello concerto -- right in my living room. Stunning.

5. The girls at the doggy daycare for taking such good care of my furry girl while we were away in Cali. I think Jacky loves them more than me sometimes. But i don't think she knows that I pay them to love her, so... don't tell her.

6. Brooklyn Academy of Music's presentation of The Royal Shakespeare's King Lear. Sir Ian is playing Lear, and this is sure to be one extraordinary performance. Tickets are so hard to come by that Rick and I don't even get to sit together. Saturday (Yom Kippur! No work for me!) we will prepare to be stunned.

7. Bangs. Lunatic fringe. I cut myself some bangs a few weeks ago, and I don't hate them. Yet.

8. Whole fruit strawberry popsicles. These are crazy, addictive little things with no added sugar and packed full of pure deliciousness. We buy them 3 boxes at a time.

9. New seasons of The Office and 30 Rock coming up next week. These shows showcase some of the best writing in television these days.

10. As I said before, fall is approaching which means that winter will soon be here and that mean Christmas cards! Yay! I am the only atheist I know with a wicked addiction to sending holiday cards. I have already chosen my card for this year and will be ordering them this week. Viva la Holidays!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what's the band name of those sugar free strawberry ice cream bars? I need some.

Ash said...

Sad news, all... when I checked the box of the afore mentioned strawberry bars, it turns out that the DO indeed contain sugar.

Blast.

That's why they're so damn good.

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling- for I to did love them of yore- and lo, they are rife with sugary goodness.

St. Andrew said...

I am also an atheist with a passion for holiday cards! You're not alone, really.