Sunday, December 10, 2006

December

Did I really already go to California? Did I already come home? It was so fast and such a blur. Too bad. I need to make longer visits more often. I came home and went straight back to work and haven't really looked up since.

Today I...

...had to take the subway all the way from Brooklyn into Manhattan and then back into Brooklyn to go to work. (Weekend track work on my usual line.)

...saw a girl sobbing on the corner by my store, and by the time I got tissues and ran outside to give them to her she was gone.

...heard a guy singing "Somewhere" from West Side Story off-key in the subway. It was cool.

...did invitations for a client who is getting married at the UN.

...opened a package containing a lovely piece of art that I purchased from the Mississippi artist that I mentioned a while back.

...thought about starting a charity for people who don't have enough money for their vet bills when thier dogs and cats get sick.

...saw a little boy eating a grilled cheese sandwich and it looked so good I got myself one from the diner down the street.

...was forgiven by aforementioned diner for being thirty cents short for aforementioned grilled cheese.

...wore green striped long johns under my jeans.

Tomorrow, I will do more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any visit from you, no matter how short, is always wonderful.

Anonymous said...

ditto...I had such a great time with the nieces...couldn't have had a better time...and your day makes me tired just reading it!