Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Tide (Subway) is High

Don't let the stories that you might hear fool you -- the New York City subways are not always jammed with freaks and urchins. Sometimes they are full of really boring, normal people who offer no interest to my daily ride/rides.

And sometimes, you're sitting there minding your business and on wanders the following:

Two relatively average-looking people who happen to be wearing knee-high yellow rubber boots, captains hats, and bright orange life vests. They also happen to be carrying huge, 8 foot oars and syrafoam lifesaver-esque floatation devices.

I don't think that they were trying to save anyone's life. They weren't moving all that quickly. Perhaps they were just well-prepared, in the event of an water landing emergency.

And I was ill-prepapred, as I didn't have my camera. Again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Did I ever tell you about the sword fight between a blind homeless guy and a deaf homeless guy on the NYC subway? Perhaps they were pirates from the very same ship as your life vest men. Shiver me timbers!