Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January Check Up

For the record, I did not smell any weird smells the other day, despite what all the news shows said about New York being smelling-like with natural gas. Then again, I was in Brooklyn... specifcally Greenpoint, which is always smelly. Smelly like bums and and booze, but that's what makes it charming. Oops, I mean cheap.

Let's see... what else. Went into Manhattan today, and it was COLD! We actually had flurries this morning, thanks be to the weather gods.

While my better half had a meeting to go to, I tried to find a new pair of pants at Urban Outfitters. Which ended up just making me feel old and grumpy, because their music was too loud and all the pants too weird. And my back and shoulders hurt, so I grabbed some clothes that I didn't even really want to try on and went into the dressing room, where I proceeded to do yoga stretches.

My latest celebrity sighting was a few weeks ago in Brooklyn; I saw Heath Ledger. He didn't recognize me.

We through the Christnmas tree out the window the other night. It was dropping needles like... well, like a tree that's been up for a month. We did it in the dark of the night and then my landlords cleaned up the needle mess outside before I could. I felt bad and apologized.

We watched "Little Miss Sunshine" and "An Inconvenient Truth". Both good; but not everyone will like them as much as I did. The Al Gore movie convinced me to buy those expensive light bulbs that use less energy and last five years. And of course, to continue walking everywhere and taking the subway. But since I'm too terrified to drive anywhere, I guess that wasn't really a problem.

Most of family probably thinks I'm delinquent because I didn't get the holiday presents out in time. So sorry about that, but I have been literally working my butt off and my husband is trying to get into a PhD program, so we've had our hands full. Hopefully none of you are offended by the fact that your Christmas has been extended a bit.


Ugh, this blog is really boring. Sorry 'bout that, it's late and I'm sleepy. But I miss you all desperately!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arrrgh!!!!!
You're sounding like a New Yorker.
Lighten up...it's 26 degrees here and we won't get any snow.
Love ya;
Da

paperdigits@gmail.com said...

urban outfitters is the devil.

Anonymous said...

Who are you Paperdigits? Are you just some lonely person that goes around leaving nasty comments on random blogs? Life is too short to be so hostile. Get a life...

Anonymous said...

fyi: Paperdigits = Mica Semrick