Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!

I have been lax at posting, I apologize. A girl can only write on so many blogs at once, and I have been giving the baby blog all my attention. Most of you who love me (that would be the 3 of you who actually read this blog) already know all this. :)

So, New Year in New York. Rang in 2008 by cuddling with Jacky in our bed because, in a painful reminder of the fourth of July, there were fireworks all around and she was terrified.

Funny tidbit: Today we went to see "There Will Be Blood" at the BAM cinemas. After heading back to Greenpoint and exiting the beloved G train at our home-stop, the chime rang and the "doors closing" voice said its thing. Then, all of a sudden, all the scrappy high school kids on the other side of the platform start screaming "Wait! Wait! Hold the doors!!" to the train conductor. I look up to see a woman running like mad down the steps, trying to catch our train before it leaves. The crowd of school kids starts cheering her on, hollaring "You can do it!" and "Run!!" So the train conductor did, indeed, hold the doors for her. And the kids cheered. Everyone was victorious. It was just about the funniest thing I'd seen in awhile.

I heart New York.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are 4 of us.....Uncle Budd reads it every day