Sunday, December 16, 2007

And yet another...

...lazy Sunday.

I am really into doing nothing right now. My days off are like little nuggets of pure gold with which I do absolutely nothing. I had planned, sort of, to go into Manhattan and wander, but the weather is shitty and cold ...it's so much easier just to fall asleep on the couch with the dog instead.

I like the sound of show shovels on the sidewalk. It's not a sound you hear growing up in Central California. Last night and this morning we got the lower half of another storm that probably did a lot more damage north of here. For us it was only sleet, freezing rain and wind. I woke in the middle of the night to the sound of the frozen rain hitting the window glass. In my slumberish state, I made a mental note to take a nap later in the day. That's when you know you have a real day off... when you think about sleep while asleep. (When I have a screaming newborn, someone please remind me how much sleep I took advantage of beforehand.)

One thing that downright sucks about this time of year is that these are our shortest days... at two o'clock it feels like its about to get dark. And I guess, in a way, it sort of is. How strange that the same week in December will mark both the once-again lengthening of our days and the half-way stage of this pregnancy. Things to look forward to.

Alrighty then. Time to sign off. There is all sorts of other stuff that I have to avoid working on right now.

No comments: