Sunday, February 03, 2008

Favorites

A very specific list of my favorite places in New York City, in no particular order (some I may have mentioned before):

1. Traveling north (or is it east?) on the Brooklyn/Queens Exwy from lower Brooklyn just as the Brooklyn Bridge appears. It is one of the most fantastic views of lower Manhattan and you get a glorious look at the majestic Bridge (and then you drinve under part of it.)

2. Sitting on the benches that face the water at the very tip of Battery Park. I like to look out past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island and imagine history.

3. In Central Park, standing on the East side of the Resivior looking across it to the West Side of Manhattan. It's very cinematic. It also reminds me of summertime because we walk around the Resivior all the time in the summer.

4. Coming out of the tunnel on the F train right before Smith and 9th streets. If you look to the right you can see the Statue of Liberty in the harbor and again, I imagine the historical aspect. I also like to look into peoples condo windows as the train goes by. I especially like the one condo that has the big piano.

5. The corner table by the window at the Veselka on the Lower East Side. It's kind of like the Ukranian Denny's.

6. The spot in the park right by our house where you can see the lights from both the Empire State Building and the Chrystler Building. Jack usually pees here. It's an important spot.

I'm sure there are others, but that's what I was thinking of now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had some thoughtful remarks to make about living in such a picturesque, historical city until I got to the part about where Jack pees - then I lost them as I disolved into laughter. You're wonderful!!