Thursday, October 26, 2006

Crime at the Dog Park




I'm not sure when the episode will air, but the cast and crew of Law & Order: Criminal Intent overtook the local dog run and the surrounding area for a couple day's worth of filming. They shot up an ice cream truck (poor Mr. Softee) and had people running all over doing cop-like stuff.

It was fun to see just how much goes into location shooting. I mean the money spent of lighting the shots alone must be insane, not to mention how much all the PA's get paid for just standing around and telling me not to walk my dog through the shot. Jack wasn't too pleased about the fake gunfire, but who was? Even funnier were the kids who were playing handball nearby, yelling and screaming at each other like they do everyday that I walk past their game. They were just doing their daily after-school game, and over and over they had to be told to be quiet during filming. They didn't really care. Their neighborhood, right? Heh... that's New York for you.

Anyway, if you happen to tune into an episode of Criminal Intent and see the ice cream truck, you'll have seen some of my neighborhood. The show is on Tuesdays, NBC.

No comments: